Are you thinking of replacing your old entrance door with a new one? If yes, there’s a lot to consider before making a final purchase! To help you get started, here’s a comprehensive guide covering all the key features to look for in a new front door.
Since the front door is the main gateway for your guests to enter your house, it should be an ideal representation of your style, personality, class, and preference. It’s worth noting that the importance and impact of entrance doors do not simply lie in their colors. Be it a white, grey, or green front door, the door’s design, material, style, and texture play an equally crucial role to make that stunning first impression.
Apart from the aesthetic appeal, a front door is also responsible for keeping your family safe, increasing your property value, and curbing your energy bills. That’s mainly because it’s not just the door you will be purchasing, but the frame and locking mechanism as well.
How To Choose The Right Front Door?
With plenty of front door options available, it can be too overwhelming for any homeowner to make the right choice. We understand that and thus, we have enlisted all the important considerations to make when choosing a new white, green, or grey front door.
- Door Material: Modern front doors are mostly made up of wood, steel, fiberglass, PVC, uPVC, and aluminum materials. While wooden doors provide a classic, grand, and stately look, contemporary steel or fiberglass front doors offer a sophisticated and sleek aesthetic appeal. So, it’s always advisable to take some time to think and analyze which door material or design would be right for your home’s architecture. Also, whether will it withstand the weather conditions of your residential area and meet the security requirements of your house.
- Energy Efficiency: Contemporary doors made up of steel or fiberglass materials offer relatively better insulation to homes than their wooden counterparts. So, if maximum insulation is your top priority, consider choosing the finest quality steel or fiberglass front doors. You may also consider buying custom-built doors that are made up of a combination of different materials. Several modern door manufacturers have already started offering the highest quality steel and fiberglass front doors designed with a thermal break.
- Locking System: No matter whether you choose a grey, red, blue, or green front door for your home, having an advanced multiple-locking system is a must. We all know how a modern and stunning front door can enhance the visual appeal of a home. But is that all? No, right? The most important feature to look for in a new front door is its strength and locking mechanism. Today, you will find front doors with keyless locking systems to offer enhanced protection and security to the members living in the house. You can only unlock those doors through a smartphone or transponder, keypad entry, or RFID entry. If you consider buying a front door made up of glass or one that incorporates a glass window, ensure to have double or triple-glazed panes to avoid break-ins.
- Color: Well, the door color plays a key role in enhancing the appeal of the door even more. If you want a minimalist touch then better go for naturally varnished wooden front doors. However, if you want to add a statement or vibrancy to the entrance of your home, opt for bold colors like red, blue, yellow, orange, or green front door! The considerable factors to bear in mind while choosing a door color are the local climate, the home’s architecture, the building’s design, and the style of the community.
- Hanging Design: Long gone are the days when door-hanging designs only included three-hinge systems. Most of today’s modern doors come with hidden hinges or are set on a vertical pivot. Such a hanging system not only opens the doors much wider than usual but also allows more brightness into the rooms. So, no matter which hanging system you choose, rest assured the hinge or pivot can be placed on either side of the door, based on your home decor, needs, and preference.
- Installation: This is the last but one of the most important factors to look for when choosing a new red, blue, or grey front door for your home. Since modern manufacturers offer somewhat the same design and material for front doors, homeowners tend to believe that the installation process must also be the same. But, that’s not the case! Different fenestration companies follow different installation processes and techniques. So, it’s always better to ask your supplier about the installation process when purchasing a new front door.
Hopefully, this blog helped you learn all the important features to look for in a new red, blue, green, or grey front door. Just make sure to partner with a reliable and reputed dealer if you have already considered buying a front door for your home!